Mellors are our catering team who manage the kitchen and feed all of our staff and children with healthy, balanced meals in school.
Please click on the link below for more information:
If you would like your child to change your child's meal option, please speak with the office and we can do that for you. Changes will take place from the following Monday after your request.
It is vital parents/carers inform school if your child has any allergies or dietary requirements so we are able to support your child. Mellors provide our families with a detailed allergen pack. Please download the allergen pack below and return it to the school office:
School Meal Payments
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 do not need to pay for school meals. All other year groups need to pay in advance online via Parent Pay https://www.parentpay.com/
The cost of a school meal is currently £2.20 per day.
Your child/children may be entitled to a free school meal. You may be entitled if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support or,
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance or,
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance or
- the guaranteed part of Pension Credit or,
- Universal Credit or,
- Child Tax Credit, but you must NOT be getting:
- an amount for childcare paid with your Child Tax Credits, or
- Working Tax credit and you must have an income of 16,190GBP per year or less worked out by HM Revenue and Customs
- A Working Tax Credit 'run-on' payment for four weeks after stopping work or reducing your working hours to under 16 hours per week.
You can claim free school meals if you are an asylum seeker.
You can either apply yourself online https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals or we can apply on your behalf. For the school to apply on your behalf we will need, full names, dates of birth and NI numbers for both parents. Please see a member of the office staff if you wish to provide the information to enable the school to apply for you.
It is important that you still apply even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 as there could be additional funding available for your child through Pupil Premium.
If your child/children bring in a packed lunch, please can you ensure this is brought in at the start of the day. As a school we encourage healthy lunches. Click here for information regarding healthy lunch boxes.