How do we promote reading in the Nursery?
In Nursery we plan carefully for each stage of reading, ensuring children develop a love of books, have many opportunities to listen to stories, tell their own stories, begin to recognise familiar print around them and start to play with letters and sounds.
- Develop a love for books and story language
- Develop a sense of rhythm and musicality
- Play listening games, silly soup, Georgie’s gym, bears picnic
- Join in with familiar books using words and actions
- Differentiate between words and illustrations
- Begin to recognise familiar print in the environment
- Use letters and sounds in our play