How do we promote language and communication skills in the Nursery?
In Nursery we are dedicated to promoting language and social communication. These are the basics skills required for learning.
- Ready, steady, go activities that require children to ask for more
- Offering a choice between two and encouraging a child to orally say one before giving it to them
- The unexpected – putting a hat on hands, putting a banana in a cup
- Adults playing alongside and commentating on play
- Singing nursery rhymes
- Playing cooperatively and negotiate ideas