At Chapel Street Community Primary School, we are committed to making a difference and achieving excellence for every child. Our aim is to facilitate an exciting, diverse and holistic computing curriculum which aims to provide the best outcomes for all children. In order to fulfil this mission statement, we will provide a high-quality Computing education that equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world as technology continually evolves and develops. We understand that children will enter the school with wide and varying experiences of Computing. We as a school acknowledge those experiences and look to develop both skills and knowledge through a programme of focussed learning opportunities.
Our ambition is to provide a high quality Computing curriculum that:
- Equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity as technology continually evolves
- Ensures pupils have the knowledge and skills to stay safe online
- Builds on our children’s starting points and prior knowledge of ‘technology’ to ensure that they know more, remember more and can apply more to reach their full potential
1. To build on this knowledge and understanding so that pupils are equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content.
2. To ensure that pupils become digitally literate – able to use, and express themselves and develop their ideas through, information and communication technology – at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
3. To ensure that pupils can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation, and can analyse problems in computational terms.
4. To enable pupils to evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems.
5. To ensure that pupils become responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.